In the coming days, I hope to provide you with some tasty and healthy recipes that anyone can make. Trust me, I have no business in the kitchen, and if I can make edible food, so can you!
When you skip breakfast, you’re doing two very bad things to your body. First, you’re starving it, and quite a bit I might add. Think about how much time your body will go without nutrition from the time you go to bed till the moment you finally eat something.
Secondly, you’re allowing your metabolism to be lazy. That first meal in the morning causes your metabolism to wake up and burn energy, aka calories. I use that term loosely because the whole notion of the calorie is an utter lie. Deceptive “health companies” use it as a trap to keep you plump and buying their crap.
Let’s pretend that you actually do eat breakfast every day, but you eat something like pastries or fruits. Those are considered simple or fast carbohydrates. Those types of carbohydrates end up turning into sugar that your body stores as fat. Additionally they spike your blood sugar levels significantly, which is exactly what you don’t want if you’re watching your sexy curves. Eating this type of food for breakfast simply compounds the problem. Not only are you starving yourself nutritionally, but you’re also loading your body with sugar early in the morning too. Does that make any sense? Hell no!
As a rule of thumb, just eat lean meats and vegetables. You’ll never go wrong with that. Protein fights fat, and vegetables provide nutrition. Now, let’s get to our very healthy, breakfast burrito concoction.
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- ¼ cup chopped chilies
- ¼ cup chopped peppers
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup of sliced lean meat (chicken, beef, turkey) or a few slices of bacon
- 1 sliced up avocado
- Your favorite hot sauce (I like Tapatio, the guy on the bottle looks me kind of, if I had a mustache)
- You’re probably wondering about the tortilla. You have a couple of choices here. You can go for a whole wheat tortilla, or you can make one out of eggs!
- Beat up your eggs.
- Warm a lightly oiled 10-inch skillet. I hear macadamia oil is supposed to be pretty good. Pour half of the eggs in the pan, swirling the pan as to spread them evenly. After 20 seconds, cover the pan with a lid for 1 minute. After 1 minute has passed, use a spatula to transfer the “egg tortilla” onto a plate.
- Next, go ahead and sauté the onions for one minute. Then add the rest of your vegetables and meat into the pan.
- Add the remainder of your eggs to the scramble. Stir it up lightly until thoroughly cooked.
- Spoon your egg and veggie scramble onto your wheat or egg tortilla.
- Add slices of avocado.
- Add hot sauce in and around the burrito.
(You can make this much faster if you buy liquid eggs and chopped frozen veggies.)
Do you have a recipe that you want to share with us? Post it in the comments!